Where Life Takes Us by: Alexandra Shaw (Audio Review)

 


Grab your copy HERE!!!


Where Life Takes Us by Alexandra Shaw is a charming, witty, and deeply heartfelt contemporary romance that proves love often finds us when we least expect it.

Book Description


Ava: Let’s say my flight from Seattle to New York was rerouted to Boston due to an unexpected ice storm, and all my initial plans were completely canceled. Let’s say I find myself at the airport with long lines and frustrated passengers. Should I go to the airline and yell at the representatives, or should I call my administrative assistant to help book me a new flight and find me a last-minute hotel? I chose the latter. The next morning, seeking comfort in a warm espresso and freshly baked pastries, I visited a cozy French bakery near my hotel. As I enjoyed my breakfast, let’s say a handsome man approached me and asked if the seat at my table was free. What would be my initial thoughts? Would I assume he wanted to take the seat and sit at another table, or would I think he intended to sit at my table? Despite my initial surprise and mortification, I apparently have inadvertently invited him to sit down. Let’s say he sits at my table. Would I expect him to be unpleasant and rude to the point where I would want to leave and go back to my hotel? Or would I think he might be friendly and engage in pleasant conversation?


What I got was a lot grumpy, I don’t have time for this crap!

Gavin: Normally, I consider myself a kind and well-mannered person. However, these past couple of days have been exceedingly challenging. Recently promoted to VP, this was my first customer visit, and I was struggling to maintain my usual friendliness. When I saw this woman at the bakery, her beauty immediately captivated me, even though she was completely disheveled. As she took a bite of her breakfast sandwich, a radiant smile graced her face, and I couldn’t resist being drawn to her. So, I decided to take a seat at her table. Let’s just say I wasn’t the best version of myself.

Please be advised this book delves into issues such as mental health, emotional abuse and women’s health. Some aspects of this novel may impact anyone who has experienced these things.


About Alexandra Shaw


Alexandra Shaw was born and raised in Washington state, where she currently resides with her family. She has a son and a daughter who are both of school age, and a supportive husband who encourages her to pursue her passions. She majored in American Government and International Relations in college, and has a career outside the home. She completed the Rule 6 program, reading the law and works in for a technology company as Product Manager.

Alexandra has read every novel by Hemingway and Dan Brown, but her favorite author is Judith McNaught. Her novels evoked an emotional response that could make her cry or laugh. Alexandra believes books that provoke leave a lasting impression.

Passionate about love, Alexandra hopes her books provide readers with an outlet to enjoy life, think a little deeper, and show empathy for others. Alexandra writes what speaks to her, she writes for herself and hopes people enjoy her unique style and approach.



My Thoughts


Where Life Takes Us by Alexandra Shaw is a charming, witty, and deeply heartfelt contemporary romance that proves love often finds us when we least expect it.

The story kicks off when a flight from Seattle to New York is diverted to Boston due to an unexpected ice storm. Stranded and exhausted, the heroine, Ava, finds herself seeking comfort in a cozy French bakery the next morning. There, she has a delightfully awkward and grumpy chance encounter with Gavin, a handsome, newly promoted British businessman visiting on his first major client trip who is struggling to maintain his usual charm. What begins as an inadvertent invitation to share a table quickly spirals into an engaging clash of personalities, awkward beginnings, and undeniable chemistry.

Both characters come to the table carrying heavy baggage from failed past relationships, past emotional abuse, and deep-seated trust issues. The novel balances its lighter, laugh-out-loud moments and playful banter with genuine emotional depth, thoughtfully exploring real-world struggles such as mental health and endometriosis.

As Ava and Gavin navigate their messy histories, meddling family members, and intense mutual attraction, the story evolves into a touching journey of healing and resilience. Elevated by delicious, high-heat spice and brilliant duet narration by Alexandra Shaw and Jackson Garlington, this captivating and relatable romance is an absolute page-turner that leaves readers thoroughly enchanted.

Other books I've read by Alexandra Shae HERE!!



For a free, no-obligation vacation quote, CLICK HERE!!




No comments:

Post a Comment