Mountain Daddy by: S.J. Tilly (Audio Review)

 


Grab your copy HERE!!!


After reading Mountain Boss, the first book in S.J. Tilly’s Mountain Men series, I knew I had to keep going—and Mountain Daddy absolutely solidified my spot on the S.J. Tilly train. I am officially hooked on her writing style, the quick pacing, and the way she crafts such compelling, addictive characters.

Book Description


Kendra


Moving into my dad’s house at age thirty-two because my roommate scammed me out of my rent… not exactly what I’d call winning at life.
So on my drive to Colorado, I decide I need one more night of freedom, and the cute motel on the side of the road is the perfect place to stop. Bonus that it has a bar.
Extra bonus when I spot him sitting at the end of the bar.
The super hot silver fox, with biceps testing the limits of his flannel.
I debate between sitting alone or being bold. But when I catch him watching me, like I’m watching him, bold wins.
He’s charming and sweet, and I can practically feel the chemistry crackling between us.
And when I give him my room key… he uses it.
But we both know this is just for one night. That we’ll never see each other again.
Until a week later.
When he shows up at my house.
Because he’s my dad’s best friend.


Luther


I stare at her.
The woman I worried I’d never see again.
And relief wars with guilt inside my chest. Because she, the girl of my dreams, is my best friend’s daughter.
And I know I’m screwed.
Because I shouldn’t touch her.
Not ever again.
But… I know I’m going to.
Soon.


About S.J. Tilly



S.J. Tilly was born and raised in Minnesota, which is why so many of her books are based there. But she now resides in the beautiful mountains of Colorado with her husband and misfit herd of rescue boxers.

When she’s not busy writing a new book, she can be found plotting her next book...

To stay up to date on all things Tilly, make sure to follow her on her socials, join her newsletter, and interact whenever you feel like it! Links to everything on her website sjtilly . com


My Thoughts


After reading Mountain Boss, the first book in S.J. Tilly’s Mountain Men series, I knew I had to keep going—and Mountain Daddy absolutely solidified my spot on the S.J. Tilly train. I am officially hooked on her writing style, the quick pacing, and the way she crafts such compelling, addictive characters.

The story follows a 32-year-old woman who, after discovering her roommate hasn't paid rent in months, finds herself evicted and headed to stay with her dad. Seeking one last taste of freedom before moving into his house, she stops at a motel and has an intense one-night stand with a gorgeous, gray-haired, 56-year-old man. The stakes skyrocket when she realizes that the mysterious man is none other than her father’s best friend.

I loved that Luther was all in from day one. In many dad's-best-friend romances, the story is bogged down by excessive guilt and secrecy, but while Mountain Daddy touches on those themes, it remains low-angst because they simply didn't care about hiding their connection. That said, the third-act breakup was perfection. I am a sucker for a breakup that actually feels earned and takes time to resolve; watching them suffer through that separation was agonizing in the best way possible—chef’s kiss.

The narration by Erin Mallon and Connor Crais was, as always, top-tier. I’m pretty sure Connor Crais could narrate a phone book and make it sound like a masterpiece; he is an instant puddle-maker. Between the incredible chemistry, the high-tension scenes, and the "hot and heavy" atmosphere, I found myself pausing the audio just to catch my breath. I started this book last night and couldn't stop until 3 AM, and even then, I had to force myself to put it down just to survive work the next day. I finished it today, and it was a total winner. S.J. Tilly has absolutely knocked it out of the park again, and I cannot wait to dive into the next one in the series.

Other books I've read by S.J. Tilly HERE!!!


For a free, no-obligation vacation quote, CLICK HERE!!



No comments:

Post a Comment