Remembrance by Jude Deveraux

 

Purchase HERE!!

Continuing my year-long mission to reread all of Jude Deveraux's books.

Book Description

Bestselling romance writer Hayden Lane has never been so obsessed with one of her fictional heroes before so entranced that she barely notices when her fianc breaks their engagement. Desperate to discover more about him, she visits a psychic who tells har that in a past life, Hayden was Lady de Grey, a promiscuous woman of Edwardian England whose ghost is said to haunt her husband’s home. Warned not to investigate further, Hayden is more intrigued than ever and can’t resist being subject to a hypnotist’s magic. But the trick goes wrong, and instead of merely remembering her past as Lady de Grey, Hayden is living it right down to her too-tight corset. Now, Hayden will discover quite a different story about a woman history considered a trollop, a spectacular, brooding man, and the rapturous love that would be hers if she dared open her heart to the most mysterious adventure of all.


About Jude Deveraux


Jude Deveraux is the author of historical and contemporary women's fiction featuring women of strong character and gorgeous, exciting men. Jude has had more than thirty books on the New York Times bestsellers list, 60 million copies in print, and has been translated into 18 languages. When she's not writing, she enjoys reading murder mysteries, working in her garden, and in boxing class, she likes to show much younger males that she can throw a mean right cross.

My Thoughts


If you are reading this newest book review by me then you know I am a huge Jude fan. I adore her writing but that does not mean I can not be honest in giving my opinions.  

For me, this book was a slower read. As someone who devours Jude's book in hours, this one took me around a week to read. It was slow in the beginning and I really did not get into it till we made it to the part with Talis and Callie.

When we first meet Hatden Lane she is a modern-day romance novelist. She is struggling to find her own happiness. When she becomes obsessed with the newest character in her book, things get bad for her. She goes to visit Nora a physic who she doesn't fully believe is truly a woman who can read the past or the future. During her time with Nora Hayden ends up going into her past life.

We visit Hayden in her past lives but it's her past life as Callie that is the most interesting. As Callie, we learn so much about why Hayden is unhappy and why she hasn't found her true love. But we also see her and Talis take many missteps as they navigate life together. 

I must be honest I did not get into the book fully till we get to Talis and Callie's story. I felt the book was good and I loved the time travel but for me in the beginning there was a lot of information given but not a lot that would endear me to the character.  Overall, it was a good book just a little slow for me in the beginning. 


For a free no-obligation vacation quote CLICK HERE!!



No comments:

Post a Comment