Song of the Wild Knight – Part One: Song of the Squire by L. J. Amber

Disclaimer: I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.


Purchase on Amazon 

This was my first book by L.J. Amber. If you are not into erotica or same-sex relationships please take a look at some of my other reviews for books. Do not leave hate comments or other rude comments they will be deleted. I provided reviews for all kinds of books so please just choose a different review to read. 

Book Description


Who would want a half-elf for a lover, anyway?

An awkward outcast in a kingdom of beautiful elves, Elly wonders if she’ll ever find her place. She once believed she could find camaraderie in knighthood, but now approaches the last days of her squiredom alone and excluded.

Resourceful and determined, Elly has decided she’s fine with her loneliness. If only she didn’t feel so… frustrated.

Elly approaches the end of her training with eager anticipation of the future she’s worked towards, but as she meets the mysterious lady her tutor has sworn to protect, she’s about to discover just how much she still has to learn.

The Lady Ceistyl has plans for Elly. Over the course of one wild night, she will teach the half-elf what it truly means to belong…

…And Elly will learn just how deeply she is wanted.

About L.J. Amber


L.J. is an Irish author living in Scotland. A fantasy Writer. Sex-positive, feminist, trans rights are human rights.

My thoughts


When I started reading this book, it took me a moment or two to get into it. However, once I did I enjoyed it.

Elly is a half-elf. She feels she doesn't belong and that every move she makes is under observation. She works twice as hard as any other squire but feels insufficient. Then adding to her own self-conscience and self-doubt, Elly feels alone. She is shy and lacks confidence.

Then she meets Lady Ceistyl a fey and has one night of passion. After Elly's world changes.

What I liked about this story outside of it having elves, fairies, and such was it was a story of growth. It was interesting to see Elly change how she sees herself and others around her. Her journey is one I could relate to having spent years growing and getting more comfortable in my skin. There were many times in this story where I went yes Elly I understand how you feel.

I felt the author did a wonderful job pulling us into Elly's world. She made me want to see Elly succeed and learn to love herself and the fact that she was mixed blood of elf and human. The way the author described things made me feel like I was there.

I think I really got Elly in this story. Much like Elly learning to see myself through my husband's eyes had helped me to grow and become comfortable in my skin. I really enjoy this story and I would give it a 5 star but felt it has a tiny bit of a slow start. But overall a really good story and I am hoping that the title suggests I will get to see more of Elly soon.

This was a lovely first book by this author and I hope to read more from her.


For a free no-obligation vacation quote CLICK HERE!!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your very kind review. I'm glad you enjoyed my work, and I hope the future books bring you just as much joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your book and Elly with me.

      Delete