Bound by Truth by: Suzanne Cass

 


Purchase on Amazon


Once again I have stumbled upon a new author and oh how excited I am to do so.

Book Description

After a devastating crash changes her life, journalist Sierra Goldstein finds solace by moving to the wild and beautiful Kangaroo Island. But her peaceful sanctuary is shattered when a child goes missing and she becomes involved in the life and death search.

Reed Kapua is also looking for a simpler life when he starts work as the new cop on the island, returning to the force after an on-the-job tragedy caused a break in his career.

Reed recruits Sierra’s help after she reveals she ran a newspaper exposé on two child abductions years ago, believing there might be similarities to this new case. When bones belonging to a second child are uncovered, Sierra becomes a target of the predator as her house is vandalized and her car sabotaged. Then Reed discovers a terrible truth that will tear them both apart.

Can Reed and Sierra uncover the killer hiding in plain sight and heal their own shattered hearts before time runs out?

Suzanne Cass writes a thrilling romantic suspense, full of passionate romance and heart-stopping choices.


About Suzanne Cass


Suzanne Cass is an Australian author who writes rural romance and romantic suspense abounding with passion and danger.

Her debut novel, Island Redemption, won the Romance Writers of Australia Emerald Award in 2016. Suzanne was also a finalist in the 2019 Romance Writers of Australia RUBY award for Romantic Suspense with her book Glass Clouds. 

She had always had a fascination with the tough resilience of people who live in our amazing red-dirt outback country. When not writing about the characters that inhabit her head, Suzanne can be found roaming the Perth beaches with her border collie, or encouraging from the sidelines as her two sons play sport.

My Thoughts

I have to say it took me a few pages to really get into this book. It did not capture my attention from the beginning. Truth be told I picked it up and put it down several times before finally sticking with it. About halfway into the first chapter I finally started to get my groove with it.

For me it wasn't a terrible book once I got into it I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the characters and the storyline.

I will admit it didn't keep me on the edge f my seat as other books had but it held its own and to be honest I figured out most of the story before it happened.

I did feel for Sierre as a mother who has lost a child I could relate to her pain.

Overall not a bad book just not one I connected with. I would like to read more by Suzanne to see if this was just one of those times I did not connect. 




No comments:

Post a Comment