Hometown Boy by Audrey Mcclelland

 


Purchase on Amazon 

I will admit when I saw this book come across my social media channel I was excited to get my hands on a copy. You see the author is someone I have admired and been inspired by for years. I even maybe fangirled out just a wee bit meeting her once in an elevator on a Disney Cruise. Needless to say, I was been excited when I finally got to purchase my copy. 

Book Description


She’s tried to forget about him for ten years. He hasn’t stopped loving her. Will these high school sweethearts get a second chance at love?

Samantha McKay is a successful fashion designer. When she goes back home to her small town for her sister’s wedding, she has to see her high school sweetheart again. Samantha hasn’t seen Colin Dasher since he broke up with her ten years ago. Broken-hearted, she buried herself in her work and become a huge success.

Colin Dasher has spent the last ten years regretting the decision he made. Seeing Samantha back in their small town has been hard for him, especially since she’s engaged to one of the richest men in NYC. He knows she hates him and won’t forgive him, but he wants her to know the truth as to why he left her all those years ago.

As Samantha and Colin cross paths, it’s clear that there’s still something between the two of them that neither one of them can deny. They find themselves being drawn to each other more and more while Samantha is home for the wedding. Will Colin have the chance to tell Samantha what really happened ten years?


About Audrey Mcclelland


Audrey McClelland, a social media consultant, and brand advocate is the founder of MomGenerations.com, an online destination for mothers. Mom Generations is in its 10th year and is a lifestyle destination for mothers. Audrey is the mother of 5 children – William (16), Alexander (15), Benjamin (14), Henry (13), and Victoria (8).

Audrey was named to “The Power Pack” Moms in Nielson’s Online Power Moms list, naming her one of the most influential moms online. Audrey’s naturally honest and positive approach to sharing parenting advice has led to features in numerous parenting and lifestyle magazines, TV shows, news segments, radio shows, and popular websites.

Most recently Audrey was a cast member on TLC’s parenting show, “What She Said” and was asked to be part of YouTube’s Parent Panel. She’s also a long-standing contributor to TODAY Show Parents Network.

She started writing romance books in October 2019 and hasn't stopped ever since!

Her debut book "Hometown Boy" came out in May 2021, "At Last" in June 2021.

Audrey has a B.A. in Theater Arts from Brown University and has worked for Donna Karan International in New York City. She lives in Providence, RI with her husband and 5 children.

My Thoughts

I was excited t read this book by Audrey. As I said previously I've been a long-time fan of hers via social media and her blog so I knew she had a talent for writing. What I didn't expect was how much I was going to love this book.

Samatha is a successful fashion designer who has made a career for herself outside her small-town roots. She is someone who people look up to. When she returns home for her sister's wedding she must face the heartbreak of her past.

Colin has regretted his decision for the past 10 years and seeing Samatha doesn't make it easier. He hopes telling her the truth will bring forgiveness but he isn't so sure. 

What I loved most about this book was its small-town setting and people. I loved that Audrey gave us a story that felt real. I felt like these were characters I may know in real life having grown up in a small town. The storyline was believable, heartbreaking, and heartwarming. It had everything I wanted and more. 

I devoured the ebook in one day and it was so good. It is definitely on my must-read list for anyone who enjoys a good clean small-town romance book. 



No comments:

Post a Comment