The Fruit Tree by Sabir Ahmed

Disclaimer: I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.


Purchase HERE!!!

I was honored to be asked to read and review this book for the author. 

Book Description


Adam is your typical shy guy in school, with no thoughts towards romance outside of his daydreaming. However, that all changes one day, when he gets saved by an unlikely Eve. Eve is one of the more popular girls in school, but maybe he had misjudged her. Rescued from her boyfriend, Adam can't help but admire Eve. They quickly become good friends and the rest, as they say, is history.


Follow them as they grow from teenagers to adults and watch how their relationship evolves with them. As they explore themselves and figure out who they are, their love will change. With the assistance of their parents, who would love for them to be together, will it be enough? Will they end up on the same page? Or will the chapters they write forever be out of sync?
This is not the same Biblical tale you're familiar with. She wasn't made from his rib, and he had his own garden. With no god to guide them, nor a devil to deceive them, how would they envisage Eden? They were left alone to be victims of their hearts and hostages to their minds. He was the forbidden fruit, but would she bite?

About Sabir Ahmed


I've been writing for as long as I can remember. Some of my earliest memories are arriving at school early and writing short stories before the day started. I've found a way to incorporate writing all throughout my life since, from stories, to journaling, to even writing guides and blog posts. My brain is constantly thinking of new ideas, if not fleshing out old ones. The Notes app on my phone has been a hero!

It's always been my dream to publish a book. It didn't need to be successful, it just had to be something I wrote. I was finally able to accomplish that, thanks to self-publishing. Now I have to find a new goal! It's re-energised me to write even more, which I definitely intend on doing.

I hope you enjoy your stay in my little corner of the world.

My Thoughts


I was honored that the author asked me to review this book. I love discovering new authors and finding new books to read.

This story is a twist on the story of Adam and Eve. Written in a way that puts a different spin on the story we all know. Instead of the story taking the biblical sense with a garden, a forbidden fruit, and the temptation to cause them to stray you are left with a love story.

When we meet Adam and Eve in this story Eve is the popular girl and Adam is the shy boy. As they become friends, we see them grow and learn about love. The story spans their life from teenagers to adults. We get to watch their love grow and change and we watch them go through life. I enjoy seeing these two characters I grew up hearing about in Sunday school be normal regular people making regular human mistakes as they go through life.

If I had a bad thing to say about this book and the writing it was a bit confusing. As I read I sometimes got lost as to who was telling the story, whose perspective I was seeing, and just generally not sure what was happening. In the beginning, I had no clue who the characters were or who was telling this story. Then as the story went on I was confused for a bit if the character was Adam or Stephen or someone else. With that said I did enjoy the story just felt it could have been a wee bit clearer.


For a free no-obligation vacation quote CLICK HERE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment