Wishes by Jude Deveraux


Purchase HERE!!!

The journey continues as I walk down memory lane with Jude's books in 2024.

Book Description

Jace Mongomery was a stranger in Chandler. Tall, proud, and ruggedly handsome, he would make any woman's heart beat faster...

Even shy, sweet Nellie Grayson -- Nellie, who thought only of her beautiful younger sister's happiness. With Nellie's tireless aid, Terel Grayson easily became the belle of Chandler, Colorado.

Yet Jace, homesick for his closeknit family in Maine, took immediately to Nellie. For the first time, Nellie was the center of attention. It was a heady, delightful feeling...almost as wonderful as the moment when Jace gave her her very first kiss.

Nellie was sure her romantic idyll would end -- how long could Jace resist the lovely Terel's charms? But with the help of an enchanting new friend, Nellie would discover that her flirtatious sister might not be the woman to win the gallant Jace Montgomery.

About Jude Deveraux

Jude Deveraux is the author of historical and contemporary women's fiction featuring women of strong character and gorgeous, exciting men. Jude has had more than thirty books on the New York Times bestsellers list, 60 million copies in print, and has been translated into 18 languages. When she's not writing, she enjoys reading murder mysteries, working in her garden, and in boxing class, she likes to show much younger males that she can throw a mean right cross.

My Thoughts

Oh, where do I start with this book? 

This book to me was more real than anything I have read by Jude. She was way ahead of her time when she wrote the character of Nellie. At the time of this book being published, people didn't talk about their mental health or emotional struggles. Unlike today where every time you open social media someone is talking about mental health and inner peace when this book first came out those subjects were hushed. So I felt Jude was way before her timing in writing a character who struggled with emotions, self-confidence, and even eating. 

With Nellie Jude somehow reached into my soul and reflected me back to myself on the pages. As a self-covering people pleaser, I understood Nellie better than I wanted to. I know from a lifetime of making sure others were happy and comfortable how hard it was for Nellie to realize she deserved love, kindness, and a life of her own. To watch Nellie blossom was heartwarming. 

With Jace, I was in love with him the minute he saw Nellie for her true self and not what others saw her as. He was a true hero.

This book not only spoke to me it completely tore me apart and put me back together. I could see myself in Nellie so many times and I wanted to cry, yell, and cheer for her. This book was stunning and so ahead of the time in which it was written. Brilliant.

For a free no-obligation vacation quote CLICK HERE!!








 

No comments:

Post a Comment