Highland Velvet by Jude Deveraux


Purchase HERE!!

This is the second installment of Jude's Velvet series starring the Montgomery family. 

Book Description

Bronwyn MacArran was a proud Scot. Stephen Montgomery was one of the hated English. He came to Scotland as a conqueror, saw her beauty, and was vanquished. But still she would abhor him. She owned a temper hot enough to forge the armors of battle or inflame a valiant soldier’s passion. Yet still, she would resist him. She became his reason to live, his reason to love. And still, she would deny him. But while clan fought clan, while brother took up sword against brother, and the highlands ran with blood -- their destiny was made...and this mighty warrior pledged himself to his woman’s pride, her honor, and her name -- and made of their love a torch to burn through the ages

About Jude Deveraux

Jude Deveraux is the author of historical and contemporary women's fiction featuring women of strong character and gorgeous, exciting men. Jude has had more than thirty books on the New York Times bestsellers list, 60 million copies in print, and has been translated into 18 languages. When she's not writing, she enjoys reading murder mysteries, working in her garden, and in boxing class, she likes to show much younger males that she can throw a mean right cross.


My Thoughts

I must say having read this book multiple times at various stages of my life I can't help but wonder why I'm in the of liking this book in the series. If I had said I like it in my teens I would get called naive about reading and reviewing books however at this point in my life 50+ years young I find I still enjoy the story and feel it holds the test of time in writing. 

I have read many books over the years but very few have left me with the burger to go back and reread them. I can't say the same for the Jude's Velvet series. 

In this second book we get to know Stephan a little better and much like his brother Gavin he tends to think with his brain below the belt instead of the one above. However, Stephan does make a huge attempt to fit into our heroine's world. I felt Stephan was a better hero than his brother in that he did at least try to understand his wife.

Bronwyn however seems like a spoiled brat. Having been raised to be the Laird of her Clan though selfless in her acts toward them did tend to be spoiled. She felt her way was the only way. Though Stephan tried hard to fit in Bronwyn still did not budge. I felt like she would stomp her foot and expect people to do her bidding.

I felt both Stephan and Bronwyn had a lot to learn about each other and had a lot to learn about marriage and compromise. I enjoyed watching them fight and ultimately learning to love and trust each other. 

With that said I have always loved the bond the Montgomery men shared. They are the true definition of family and brothers. 

Overall, I once again enjoyed my return visit to the Velvet series and the Montgomery brothers and look forward to revisiting Raine the next brother in this series. 


For a free no-obligation vacation quote CLICK HERE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment