A Highlander’s Captive by: Aileen Adams


Purchase on Amazon

There is nothing better than a good book or a hot cup of tea. One of my favorite quotes is by C.S Lewis and it reads You can't get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.

Book Description

Some promises are hard to keep…


Phillip promised he’d let her go home. He promised, after she completed her task, she’d be free. He didn’t promise her that he wouldn’t capture her heart before he released her.


For Sarah, captive of the Highland laird, that these promises are kept is paramount.

Phillip never expected to fall in love with the woman who was supposed to save his brother’s life. He also never expected to break a promise. But some promises are hard to keep, especially when he finds out the secrets she’s keeping.

About Aileen Adams

After multiple web searches, I was unable to locate any information on this author. No biography, no book listings, nothing she appears to be a ghostwriter or something.

My Thoughts

When I first saw this book on Amazon for a low price I was excited. Having read books by Aileen before I knew I enjoyed her writing so I grabbed my copy. 

This book for me did not disappoint. It was a fast read for me as I enjoyed it very much.

First, let me say as for a romance novel this one was a sweet one. There wasn't any hot sex or over-detailed descriptions. It was like watching a PG movie. I am okay with that. 

As for our heroine, I liked that she was gifted in healing, was fiercely protective of her little sister, and had enough sense to assess a situation and make a decision. That said she did fall for the jealous hot girl or another healer.

As for our hero, I liked that he knew right from wrong, was protective of his family, and treated the heroine with due respect.

As for the chemistry between them, it was a little quick but believable for me. i enjoyed watching our heroine Sarah not give up and tried many times to escape our hero. She was a feisty one. 

Overall this story was a quick read and the characters came together quickly. I liked that our author didn't wrap the entire story up in a neat package as it gives me more reasons to enjoy the next book to see where everyone goes. 

I would definitely read this one again. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment